22.4.12

Review: MAC Extra Dimension Skinfinish in "Superb"

Hello my wonderful readers,

I have a review for you today...!I have to say I had such a difficult time writing this review due to the nature of this product. I have been using it for a while now but I haven't managed to find the perfect application or the perfect use for it. Enough with the babbling though...let's get on with the review...

               
































+
  • The colour is reasonably wearable
  • It it also great for many different skin tones. We very rarely encounter a product that could be used by people with different skin tones. 
  • It is easily blendable 
  • It is extremely pigmented
  • It has a unique texture(It resembles a cream when applied but it has a powder-like finish)
  • It is a unique product all around. 
-
  • The shimmer is a little chunky for every day wear. It is not glitter as such but, as I said, shimmer. 
  • It can look a bit too dark (when used a highlighter) for people with very light/fair skin tones. 
  • You have to apply it either with your fingers or a dense synthetic brush. Other types of brushes won't manage to pick up enough product.
  • The price
My experience: 
As I said, it is a very unique product. I love the finish it gives but because I am extremely pale I think that it doesn't look as good as it would look if I was a bit tanned. I am not talking...Hawaiian Tropic...just a sun-kissed sort of tan. I think it would be amazing for summer and it can double as an all over bronzey highlighter for a night out. I have nothing similar in my collection and I am glad I managed to pick it up. If you are really really fair you can still make it work by blending it in a little more hence taking away a bit of its colour(that is how I am currently using it). And last, but not least, the brush I have been applying it with is the  Sigma P82(it is the precision round from the Sigmax line).

So...this is my review of the Extra Dimension skinfinish in the colour "Superb". I hope it was informative and helpful. If you have anything to add or any comments please do feel free to leave me a comment.
xoxo
Athina

5 comments:

  1. Excellent review!
    I love the pros and cons!!!

    Σε προσκαλώ να ρίξεις μια ματιά και στο δικό μου blog:
    http://thescentofglamour.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. great review! that color is sooo pretty but i get what you are saying it does look like it'd be a bit too strong for my skin tone but might be so pretty as a light eye shadow!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @The scent of glamour:
    Thank you!!Will do :)

    @Lisa: It is an amazing colour but it can be a bit too dark for me as well. I have thought about using it as an eye-shadow and I want to try that soon. The more I have been using it, actually, the more I lean toward the fact that you have to blend it quite well in order to take most of the darkness away and leave that amazing sheen behind.

    ReplyDelete
  4. polu wraio xrwma! to kalokairi pou 8a eisai mavrismenh na mas peis ti leei! kai gia skia 8a einai wraio!

    ReplyDelete
  5. nai nai...to kalokairi molis parw xrwma pisteyw tha einai teleio!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I am greatful for every single comment you leave on my blog and I respond to all of them...!Thank you for stopping by and, of course, for commenting!!