1.6.12

Review: Garnier Ambre Solaire Golden Protect Sunscreen Lotion

Hello my dear readers,

How are you this Friday evening? I spent the last hour or so organising pictures for new blog posts. I have 4 lined-up already and I am hoping that I will be able to post them all within this next week. Today, I have a review for you featuring a product I received from Garnier and it is the "Garnier Ambre Solaire Golden Protect Sunscreen Lotion".
I wasn't asked to do a review nor did I receive any form of payment/reimbursement for this review. My loyalty is to my readers and my readers alone....!
Having said that let's get into the review...
Firstly let me tell you about the product. It is a SPF 30 sunscreen lotion with a golden(slightly shimmery) finish. The first thing I noticed is that is smells PHENOMENAL. I mean I've had nice-smelling sunscreen lotions before but this one smells...well...it smells like summer...!I don't really know how else to describe it.
Now the first problem I have with it is that it is SPF 30. To some of you this might seem like a lot but I am pale(actually my skin is borderline yellow...) with apparent veining and moles. So, in order not to get sunburnt I have to use SPF 50. So, when I first saw the product I thought that I wouldn't be able to use on my entire body. However, I thought I could use it as a leg sunscreen since my legs are much less sensitive than my upper body and I could get away with using a lower SPF. That I did and let me tell you that it worked like a dream. The slight shimmer looks nice on the legs and it stills protects my skin from the sun.
Here are some pictures of the product followed by the pros and cons as always...!



  +
The amazing smell

It is not greasy and it sinks into the skin quickly

The SPF is just right for my legs

-
The SPF is not high enough for my upper body (arms, back, chest, neck)

The product has a range which includes SPFs of 10, 20, and 30 but not higher

..............................................................................................................
Now, the shimmer particles are neither here nor there for me. I wouldn't choose a shimmery sunscreen for my upper body however I quite like the finish on my legs. I think this sunscreen is better suited for slightly tanner skin-tones or more sun-tolerant skins. If you are fair and your skin doesn't tolerate the sun then I wouldn't recommend this as an all over sunscreen. But, if you have a medium skin-tone and you don't mind the fine shimmer then this is definitely a product for you.
I hope this review helped if you were thinking about picking this product up. If you already own it let me know what you think...!Do you agree or disagree??
xoxo
A.

2 comments:

  1. Πολυ ωραιο review!
    K μενα μαρεσει πλ η μυρωδια του !!
    Οσο για τη λαμψη δεν με χαλασε βγαινει πλ απαλα κ διακριτικα στο δερμα ..
    Φιλιαα

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eyxaristw!! Nai einai diakritikh h lampsh kai gi'ayto den me enoxlhse katholou.Aplws thn protimw sta podia...deixnei poly wraia! :)

    ReplyDelete

I am greatful for every single comment you leave on my blog and I respond to all of them...!Thank you for stopping by and, of course, for commenting!!